Windows Server 2012
How to install Windows Server 2012 on Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager
- Parent Category: WinServer2012_Section
- Created on Wednesday, 20 June 2012 11:42
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 14914
In this article, we will see how to install Microsoft Windows Server 2012 on Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager 4.1.6. Installation is straightforward like other Microsoft Operating Systems. In just few clicks, installation would be completed.
1. Download and install Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager 4.1.6 on your local system
2. Download Windows Server 2012 .ISO file and keep it somewhere in the system.
3. Open Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager and click on New.
4. Click on Next to proceed.
5. Enter VM Name and select Operating System as Microsoft Windows and version as Windows 8.
6. Adjust the Memory to be allocated to the new virtual machine.
7. Create or use existing Virtual Hard Disk for this new virtual machine.
8. Select Hard Disk File Type from the various options.
9. Select how virtual disk will be extended, dynamic or fixed size.
10. Enter the location of new virtual disk and select the size of the new virtual disk as shown below.
11. Review the details enter and click on Create to create the virtual disk.
12. Go back to the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager, and Start this new machine.
13. Enter the location of .ISO file as saved earlier.
14. Once installation is completed, select Language, Time Zone and Keyboard settings.
15. Click on Install Now to start the Windows Server 2012 installation.
16. Select the operating system that you wish to install on it.
17. Accept the license agreement.
18. Select the type of installation, upgrade or clean installation.
19. Select the drive where you want to install the Windows Server 2012.
20. Once installation is completed, enter the Administrator’s password.
21. Enjoy Windows Server 2012.